Get Buzzed with Carolyn Parent, CEO LiveSafe
1. Tell us about your professional responsibilities in layman’s terms.
I am the CEO of a mobile safety technology company. My job is to empower my people with the resources and tools they need to achieve our shared mission of putting safety in everyone’s hands and supporting our customers, partners and shareholders.
2. What motivates you to get out of bed in the morning?
I am a CEO because that’s what my father was and I saw everyday how he worked with his teams and loved his company and his people. I saw him motivated every day to do his best and give it his all. I was inspired from a young age and knew and that’s what I wanted to be.
Helping people and taking care of others – whether that’s my kids, my friends, my family or my employees and customers motivates me every day. I am always happiest when I feel like I am being of service and assisting others in achieving their goals. I also like to wake up and figure out how to win.
3. What is the one mobile device you can’t live without?
Although I use an iPhone, iPad and a laptop, I can’t live without my iphone because it keeps me connected to all the things that are important to me – especially my kids.
4. What is the first app you check every day?
CNN and then my e-mails.
5. How do you use mobile in your professional life?
E-mail. and travel apps like Waze and Linkedln.
6. How do you use mobile in your personal life?
I have two young kids so I’m always taking pictures and videos of them (my son gets annoyed. my daughter loves it)…checking sports scores with my son and watching surprise egg videos with my daughter.
7. How does mobile impact your business?
Our entire company is built on a mobile platform. We deliver safety solutions to corporations and universities via our mobile platform. Mobile is our lifeblood.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
Energy transference – the ability to take all of the energy I have and channel it into anyone or anything.
9. What is your most favorite place that you have visited?
Kenya. Going on African Safari was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
10. Is there anything else you would like to share?
I love the beach. to throw parties and write poetry.